Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

At least 200 youth decided to guard Mirwaiz voluntarily | KNO

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, February 18 (KNO) : A day after the government withdrew security cover from Hurriyat Conference (M) Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq; at least 200 youth from different areas have voluntarily decided to guard the top religious cleric to ensure his safety. Talking to KNO, Awami Action Committee (AAC) youth President Mushtaq Ahmad Sofi said the youth at least 200 in number have reached Mirwaiz Manzil in Rajouri Kadal here and are have decided to act as security of Mirwaiz, who is the head cleric of Jamia Masjid. He said the youth are enrolling themselves here at present and decision in this regard will be taken shortly. Earlier on Sunday, Government withdrew all security and government facilities provided to separatist and Hurriyat (M) chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and three other separatist leaders. The Government has withdrawn security and any government facilities provided to separatist leaders including Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Prof Abdul Ghani Bhat, Bilal Gani Lone and Shabir Shah.“All security and any vehicles provided to the separatist leaders would stand withdrawn by Sunday evening,” officials had said. However, the separatist leaders, whose security was withdrawn by the State government on Sunday following the attack on CRPF men at Lethpora, Pulwama had said it was a non-issue for them. A spokesman of Hurriyat Conference (M) in a statement had said, “The government and its propagandist anti-Kashmir media has repeatedly been racking up the issue of police personnel provided to the resistance leadership to politicize, knowing fully well it has no bearing, nor can it in any way change the reality of the lingering Kashmir dispute.”(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Transform knowledge into creation, aspirations into achievements: LG Sinha to youth | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Tele-law key to timely justice, reducing court pendency: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Statehood decision for J&K ‘very soon’, says MoS Meghwal | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Justice must not remain confined to courtrooms: Union Mos Meghwal | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Tele-law benefits 7.5 lakh people in J&K under ‘Disha Scheme’: Secretary Justice GoI, Niraj Verma | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

CM Omar reviews Ramadan readiness; orders seamless utilities, strict market checks | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Uproarious scenes in Assembly over BJP MLA’s remarks against Kashmiris | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

With nearly 15,000 Posts Vacant, How Functional is J&K’s Education Dept | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Tourism resumes at Wular Lake, locals eye economic recovery | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

GOC 16 Corps reviews security in Rajouri sector | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Teacher posts vacant due to freeze: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

RS Pura Observation Home Escape | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Locals, tourists welcome reopening of Doodhpathri after 10 months | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Pampore poised to become next tourism hotspot: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Irresponsible remarks against Kashmiris will not be tolerated: Congress MLA Lone | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

‘Over 5,700 unemployed dental surgeons in J&K; govt mulls creation of new posts’ | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

No centrally sponsored scheme for construction workers’ welfare in J&K: Govt | KNO

Copyright © 2021