Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Handwara encounter enters day 2, police says avoiding civilian casualties, area congested | KNO

We have launched deliberate operation, ADGP Munir Khan; no militant body recovered yet, says IGP Kashmir, Ops on, says no mismanagement in conducting ops

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, March 02 (KNO) : The encounter that started between forces and militants on Friday midnight is still underway and there was no confirmation regarding the killing of any militant while as four forces personnel were killed so far. Police said that they have launched deliberate operation as the area was very congested and to avoid civilian casualty forces are going slow. Talking to KNO, Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Security and Law and Order Munir Ahmad Khan said that the area where gunfight is going on is very congested. "Since militants have a strategy of changing locations from going from one house to another, we have started a deliberate operation. The area is a very congested and we don't want any civilian causality," Khan said. According to KNO, IGP Kashmir SP Pani while talking to reporters here on the sidelines of wreath lying ceremony of the two police men at Handwara in the morning said: "There was no mismanagement in the proper special operation procedure (SOP), firing was going in from both the sides amid which four of our security personnels were killed but it's sure there was no lag from the security end, Since we also had to vacate the civilian population as well." The encounter site is very congested, there are few operation difficulties, whatever is needed there is being done with respect to the situation, IG Pani said. While as he said that, once the operation is over later it can be said how many militants have been killed in the operation, but he had the inputs regarding the presence of two militants there, following which the operation started. However, he said that, the operation is still on the area. A wreath lying ceremony was held for the slain JKP cops at District Police Lines Handwara, which was attended by, IG Kashmir, DIG North Kashmir, High officials from Army, CRPF, BSF, SSP Handwara and relative of the slain cops. The two CRPF personals were taken to Srinagar and then to be diverted towards their respective destinations. The two JKP cops were identified as Naseer Ahmad and Ghulam Mustafa both residents of Kupwara district and Inspector Deepak Kumar and Constable Vinod of 92BN CRPF. (KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

First leg of budget session concludes

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

Govt says no World Bank-assisted funds allocated for tourism development

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Vice-Prez Radhakrishnan to attend 21st KU convocation on Feb 26 | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Under PM Modi’s leadership, India scripting tale of economic progress: LG Sinha | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Special Intensive Revision of electoral roll in J&K expected to start in April: ECI | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

30,000 vacancies to be filled this year: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Kashmir’s first Ramadan Friday draws massive congregations in mosques, shrines | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

IMD plans doppler radars, weather stations for J&K: CM Omar in Assembly | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

CM says DC Kishtwar issued order on request of religious leaders | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Thousands gather at Jamia Masjid for Ramadan’s first Friday | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

22 IAS, JKAS Officers Transferred in Major Reshuffle | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Several Kashmir parts record highest February temperatures | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

2025 floods: 152 lives lost, over 12,200 houses damaged, ₹289 cr released under SDRF, says govt | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Kashmir Valley sees consistent tourist inflow over three years | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Jammu Division sees steady rise in tourist footfall over past three years | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Rs 2106 crore awarded as compensation for J&K ring roads: Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Rs 36.61 crore plan to expand J&K Houses across India: Govt | KNO

Copyright © 2021