Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Killing of 12-year-old boy in encounter: SHRC issues notice to DC, SSP Bandipora | KNO

Asks them to submit detailed compliance report within four weeks

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, March 27 (KNO) : In response to a petition filed against the killing of a 12-year-old minor boy in Hajin encounter, the State Human Rights Commission (SHRC) has issued notices to Deputy Commissioner (DC) and SSP Bandipora to submit detailed compliance report regarding of case/77/Bandi/2019 dated  26/3/2019 , Human shield Aatif Mir within four weeks. The petition in this regard was filed by International Forum for Justice Human Rights Jammu and Kashmir, Chairman, Muhammad Ahsan Untoo. The petitioner as per a statement issued to KNO said that on 23 March, encounter broke between the militants and security forces during which two Lashkar-e-Taiba militanst were killed and as per the news report one minor namely Atif Mir was taken as human shield. "It was brought into the notice of common people that the family members were rescued from the house without Atif reasons best known to the concerned parties," he said. He added that as per the statement of SSP Bandipora published in daily newspaper it has been contended that six civilians were rescued with the help of Mohalla committee and when the team went to the third floor, the militants opened fire on them as this was the chance encounter. "as per the version/ statement of the SSP Bandipora being the chance encounter, as other civilians were rescued no explanation was given how the minor was taken as human shield. He added that this is one of the grave human rights violation wherein the life of a minor was taken. He also said that the militant organisations should clear the stand on this allegation so that the confusion among the people should be cleared.(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES ago

Refrain from commenting on religious issues: CM Omar advises politicians | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

J&K India’s integral part, says MEA; snubs Pakistan’s protest over US envoy’s remarks in Srinagar | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Poland backs India’s right to pursue terrorists beyond borders: Envoy Switalski | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Citing convention, BJP stakes claim for Deputy Speaker’s chair | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Recruitment policy for non-gazetted employees of new GMCs to be framed by next month: Sakeena Itoo | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

After temporary closure, Doodhpathri reopens for tourists | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Indefinite strike by non-gazetted employees of new GMCs enters 5th day | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Thrown open after two decades, SDH Qaimoh faces water accumulation, power outage, poor sanitation | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

1 month on, Kangan residents suffer as waste collection vehicles disappear | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Srinagar’s Nishat residents thank LCMA for prompt response to drainage complaint | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

SCW Kashmir searches Safakadal house in police appointment forgery case | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Drug peddler arrested in Shopian; Contraband substances recovered: Police | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Div Com Kashmir reviews arrangements for 18th Harmuk Gangbal Yatra | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Rahul Gandhi is doing what is expected of Opposition leader: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES4 hours ago

Restrictions, attempts to silence Jama Masjid pulpit seem part of state policy: Mirwaiz | KNO

TOP STORIES8 hours ago

NC-led govt biggest enemy of local self-government, delaying polls deliberately: BJP MLA Pathania | KNO

TOP STORIES11 hours ago

Cases against 25 persons having limited role in last year’s protests to be withdrawn, announces Ladakh Chief Secy

Copyright © 2021