Selected candidates for SI posts protest over delay in appointment | KNO

Selected candidates for SI posts protest over delay in appointment | KNO

Kashmir News Observer (KNO)

Srinagar, April 24 (KNO) : The selected candidates for the post of Jammu and Kashmir Sub-Inspectors (JKSI) on Wednesday staged a protest here against the delay over their appointment by the department. Scores of candidates assembled at press enclave here and sought intervention of authorities towards what they termed as a “grave issue”.

They said on December 2016, PHQ notified the recruitment under Transparent Recruitment Process (TRP) for the post of sub-inspector in executive, armed and telecommunication wing, and final selection list of sub-inspectors was declared on Dec 13, 2018.

The protesting candidates said, “Since then the formal appointment orders have not been issued in favour of the selected candidates. The matter is sub-judice, it won’t be right on our part to comment on the grounds on which the high court has accepted the petition. But we would definitely want to put in on record for the larger good that it is absolutely a case of malfide intentions to get the process delayed and halted.”

They alleged that when the said petitioners weren’t able to get successful outcome while undergoing the whole selection process, they decided to find faults in it. The protesting candidates added that flimsy allegations of mass copying were peddled in public domain after the declaration of the shortlist some three months later when they found themselves not selected and not immediately after the written examination.

“It is somewhere in all this cacophony that our efforts are being ridiculed for no mistake of ours,” one of the protesting candidate said. “We have completed all of our formalities like document verification, CID verification and medical test which deem us fit for appointment,” he added. It is a request from all of us, please pave out a way so that we can join as soon as possible and make our state and nation proud of us, the candidates said.

They also requested the Principal Secretary Home department to send the reply to High Court for perusal as soon as possible to end the dilemma of the selected candidates, “who are unduly suffering for no fault of theirs”.(KNO)