Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

No let-up in chaos as Govt orders add more to fear | KNO

NIT students asked to shift, similar order issued for students of Govt Polytechnic College; B&J Hospital staff asked not to leave station without permission

Published

on

kno news

UK, Germany, Australia issue advisory for its natives on Kashmir trip, Governor says nothing serious, suicide attackers ready to cross over to this side, New Delhi silent

Srinagar, August 03 (KNO) : Even as the Government continues to claim that nothing serious was going to happen and people should maintain calm, but the back to back official orders are adding more to the panic and fear prevailing across Kashmir over the past few days.

Ever since the order about deployment of additional forces from the Centre was issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Kashmir is under the tight grip of fear, witnesses and locals from various places told KNO.

The people have been busy in buying lifesaving drugs, filling their vehicles with the petrol, buying vegetables in large quantities amid rumours that either trifurcation of the State was on cards or some big political decision was to be taken by New Delhi. There were rumours that policemen have been asked to deposit their weapons at  BB Cant, but this was out rightly rejected by the ADGP law and order Munir Khan, who termed it as “baseless and a rumour.”

The security agencies have so far openly admitted that Amarnath Yatra was under threat as there were strong intelligence inputs about militants planning a big strike on the Yatra. This, according to Principal Secretary Home Shaleen Kabra prompted him to issue an advisory asking pilgrims and tourists to curtail their visit and to return home immediately.

The order triggered chaos at the airport and at TRC with many tourists smelling something fishy. “We had booked a hotel till August 12, but were asked to leave back. I was desperate to see Gulmarg and other place, but government wants us to move back,” Shruti, a resident of Pune, Maharashtra, while boarding a bus at TRC here, told KNO.

She said that other tourists were also under the grip of fear as such an order or advisory is issued in times of war only. Even as Government continues to claim people need not to worry about anything and should maintain calm, back to back orders continued to add more the already prevailing fear.

In the morning, non-local students studying at National Institute of Technology (NIG) Nigeen, were asked to pack their bags and to return to their respective states. Similar order was issued for the studying at Government Polytechnic College, Gojibagh, Srinagar, asking them that the class work will remain suspended till further orders. This added to the chaos forcing the non-local students pack their bags and head to their respective states.

In yet another order, the staff at the important Bone and Joints Hospital Srinagar was asked not to leave the station before seeking proper permission from the concerned authorities. All three orders are in possession of the KNO. Deputy Commissioner Srinagar Shahid Iqbal Choudhary told KNO thatdistrict administration didn’t ask NIT students to leave and they did of their own. “We asked them to stay back and will provide security, but they decided to leave,” he said.

Talking to reporters here, Governor Satya Pal Malik said that he had no information about anything happening in Kashmir as being spread by some people and political parties. “Everything is normal here,” he said. “Suicide attackers are waiting to cross the LoC and that’s why we asked tourists and pilgrims to leave.”

Meanwhile, United Kingdom, Australia, and Germany have asked its natives who were on Kashmir trip, to return immediately and not to visit Kashmir till further orders.

The Centre, however, has preferred to remain silent as neither any top minister nor the PM Narendera Modi has stated anything about the prevailing situation in Kashmir adding more to the fear and apprehensions that something big was going to happen.(KNO)

 

 

Trending

TOP STORIES5 hours ago

LoP Sharma accuses NC of deceit, alleges it outsourced 24,000 jobs in J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES6 hours ago

LG Sinha administers oath to Shantmanu as J&K State Election Commissioner | KNO

TOP STORIES7 hours ago

9 CRPF men injured as vehicle falls into canal in Srinagar | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

First leg of budget session concludes

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Govt says no World Bank-assisted funds allocated for tourism development

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Vice-Prez Radhakrishnan to attend 21st KU convocation on Feb 26 | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Under PM Modi’s leadership, India scripting tale of economic progress: LG Sinha | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Special Intensive Revision of electoral roll in J&K expected to start in April: ECI | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

30,000 vacancies to be filled this year: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Kashmir’s first Ramadan Friday draws massive congregations in mosques, shrines | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

IMD plans doppler radars, weather stations for J&K: CM Omar in Assembly | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

CM says DC Kishtwar issued order on request of religious leaders | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Thousands gather at Jamia Masjid for Ramadan’s first Friday | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

22 IAS, JKAS Officers Transferred in Major Reshuffle | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Several Kashmir parts record highest February temperatures | KNO

TOP STORIES22 hours ago

2025 floods: 152 lives lost, over 12,200 houses damaged, ₹289 cr released under SDRF, says govt | KNO

TOP STORIES22 hours ago

Kashmir Valley sees consistent tourist inflow over three years | KNO

Copyright © 2021