Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Contractors, businessmen petition Advisors: Lift communication gag please |KNO

J&K administration give positive response to all delegations

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, Oct 02 (KNO):Amidst continuous communication gag in Kashmir since August 05, the administration has received a number of pleas from the people especially contractors and businessmen in the Valley, seeking immediate restoration of mobile services. Sources privy to the development told the wire service – Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that a number of delegations especially contractors, students and others affiliated with the trade in Kashmir have met the administration including the Advisors to the Governor in the last couple of weeks. The delegations as per the sources have been urging the administration to lift the siege on communication, in vogue since 59 days here after the central government abrogated the special status of Jammu and Kashmir (Article 370) and divided the State into two Union Territories on August 5. Sources said that the delegations apprised the top officials of the Governor led administration here about the losses they suffered due to the lack of communication services.They also sought an immediate end to the communication blackout in Kashmir so that the further losses in their respective businesses could be prevented. Reliable sources informed that the delegation of students stated that the communication as well as the internet gag in the Valley has put their education at halt as they are unable to prepare for the examinations. The delegations who met top rank officials so far, were assured by them that the communication services will be restored soon in Kashmir. Pertinently, the government had stated that the provocation from across the Line of Control (LoC) was the reason behind continuous siege on the communication services. The Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for J&K administration, had also told Supreme Court that if mobile and internet facility were restored in the Valley, then fake WhatsApp messages would be circulated from "across the border" and it might incite violence there (in Kashmir).Moreover, reports quoting Advisor Farooq Ahmad Khan said that the government has restored the landline services and soon rest of the services will be thrown open in the Valley. (KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES ago

Justice delayed is justice denied: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

J&K Legislative Assembly 2026 : Over 15,000 human-wildlife conflict cases in 2 years, no major spike: J&K Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

BJP’s MLA says will withdraw remarks if found against any community | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

1.64 lakh youth trained under skill development schemes in J&K: Govt informs house | KNO

TOP STORIES2 hours ago

Uproarious scenes in Assembly over Randhawa’s remarks | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

DPR for Sadhna tunnel in Kupwara underway, Govt tells house | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Over 17.27 lakh kanals of state land encroached in J&K, 14.29 lakh recovered: Govt informs house | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

Remarks of BJP MLA against Kashmiris echo in House | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

J&K moving towards lasting peace, will be violence free by 2029: Amit Shah | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

LG Sinha reopens 11 tourist spots in Kashmir, 3 in Jammu | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

34% power shortage likely in J&K, Ladakh during Ramadan | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Nearly 10,000 cancer patients registered at GMC Srinagar since 2017 | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Tulip garden likely to open by March 15, weather key: Officials | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

J&K to witness dry weather, higher reaches may see light snowfall next week: MeT | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Top Army Commanders review Counter Terrorism Grid in Kishtwar | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Pulwama gets respite, NH-444 link road thrown open | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Sopore gets drug de-addiction centre | KNO

Copyright © 2021