Ganderbal Encounter enters third day: Second militant killed, says police |KNO

Area difficult, tough terrain, we are carrying out a deliberate Ops: Army official

Kashmir News Observer (KNO)

Srinagar, Oct 01 (KNO): The encounter that started on Sunday morning at Gaganbal area of Naranag in Central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district has entered into third day and the officials stated that second militant was killed in the ongoing gunfight. So far, two militants have been killed and the operation still continues in the dense woods where, as per officials, area is tough terrain. According to wire service—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), top security officials revealed that at least five to six militants had infiltrated from the Gurez sector that connects with the Tramkhal area of Gaganbal in Ganderbal district. “The first contact was established on Sunday at Khodhpatri-Chitardalav area on Sunday where one militant was killed in the initial assault,” the official said. He said that a temporary base camp has been established by the army’s 25 RR as it falls in their “Area of Responsibility.” “Since then, all the points where it was expected that militants may sneak in were sealed and massive searches were launched,” he said. He said that on Tuesday, contact was once again established with the militants at Chitardalav area where second militant was gunned down after intense exchange of firing. “There is a possibility of presence of at least three more militants in the area and that’s why, temporary base camp has been established as the operation has prolonged,” the official revealed to KNO. Meanwhile, Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Law and Order, Security, Munir Khan also confirmed that the second militant has been killed and that the operation was on. A police official said that the operation is jointly being carried out by police and the army. An army official told KNO that the area was tough terrain and weather was not favourable due to which operation is prolonging. (KNO)