Jammu, Feb 20 (KNO): The Government on Friday informed the House that the main bridge at Chadoora town has been declared unsafe after sustaining damage during recent flash floods.
Replying to a question tabled by MLA Ali Mohammad Dar, the Public Works (R&B) Department, according to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), stated that the bridge had earlier suffered partial damage during the 2014 floods and was subsequently restored in 2015.
“In the aftermath of the recent floods, a detailed technical inspection was carried out by experts from NIT Srinagar. The observations and recommendations of the expert team are presently under examination by the concerned authorities,” the reply said, adding, “Appropriate action, including measures to ensure long-term structural stability and feasibility of a permanent bridge, will be taken in accordance with established procedures and subject to availability of funds.”
Regarding traffic management, the reply said, “The approach road via New Bus Adda is presently functional. Construction of a temporary abutment for a Bailey bridge is under execution.”
“The balance works at Bus Adda have been tendered and will commence after completion of the tendering process to ensure smooth traffic flow till restoration of the main bridge,” it added—(KNO)