Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Contractors, businessmen petition Advisors: Lift communication gag please |KNO

J&K administration give positive response to all delegations

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, Oct 02 (KNO):Amidst continuous communication gag in Kashmir since August 05, the administration has received a number of pleas from the people especially contractors and businessmen in the Valley, seeking immediate restoration of mobile services. Sources privy to the development told the wire service – Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that a number of delegations especially contractors, students and others affiliated with the trade in Kashmir have met the administration including the Advisors to the Governor in the last couple of weeks. The delegations as per the sources have been urging the administration to lift the siege on communication, in vogue since 59 days here after the central government abrogated the special status of Jammu and Kashmir (Article 370) and divided the State into two Union Territories on August 5. Sources said that the delegations apprised the top officials of the Governor led administration here about the losses they suffered due to the lack of communication services.They also sought an immediate end to the communication blackout in Kashmir so that the further losses in their respective businesses could be prevented. Reliable sources informed that the delegation of students stated that the communication as well as the internet gag in the Valley has put their education at halt as they are unable to prepare for the examinations. The delegations who met top rank officials so far, were assured by them that the communication services will be restored soon in Kashmir. Pertinently, the government had stated that the provocation from across the Line of Control (LoC) was the reason behind continuous siege on the communication services. The Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for J&K administration, had also told Supreme Court that if mobile and internet facility were restored in the Valley, then fake WhatsApp messages would be circulated from "across the border" and it might incite violence there (in Kashmir).Moreover, reports quoting Advisor Farooq Ahmad Khan said that the government has restored the landline services and soon rest of the services will be thrown open in the Valley. (KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

All tourist destinations shut post-Pahalgam terror attack to reopen by May: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES3 hours ago

“Our children are suffering”: Sajad Lone slams verification process | KNO

TOP STORIES6 hours ago

1.35 lakh Willows felled at Wular, 19 lakh plants raised: Govt informs House | KNO

TOP STORIES7 hours ago

Four new rail lines proposed for Valley, surveys underway: Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES7 hours ago

50,000 heroin users among 70,000 addicts in Valley, Govt tells house | KNO

TOP STORIES7 hours ago

J&K’s properties in Delhi, Amritsar, Haryana under unauthorised control | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

J&K creates history, storms into Ranji Trophy final for first time in 66 years | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

LG Sinha, CM Omar, leaders hail J&K’s historic entry into Ranji Trophy final | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

Assembly adjourned over NLU | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

Snow Carnival held at Doodpathri on 2nd reopening day | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

Khelo India Bike & Motorcycle rally flagged off in Srinagar | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

Srinagar markets buzz with dates on arrival of Ramadan | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

All non-municipal villages in Budgam under RDD jurisdiction: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

Dust pollution in Khrew major health concern: Health Dept tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES20 hours ago

Deputy CM questions appearance of protest banners inside, outside assembly | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Reasi: ACB traps, arrests Girdawar for demanding, accepting bribe of Rs 10000 | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

LG Sinha lays foundation stone of Sri Shankaracharya Temple, envisioned in 1960 | KNO

Copyright © 2021