Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Nawa Kadal gunfight: Affected families being helped by Admin | KNO

‘Financial assistance, ration kits, other things provided to affected families; DLSCC headed by DM to decide on compensation’

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, May 21 (KNO): Days after several houses were damaged in Nawa Kadal gunfight, the district administration Srinagar has reached out to the affected families with logistics assistance; and the District Level Screening cum Coordination Committee (DLSCC) headed by District Magistrate will work out compensation for helping the families who lost their houses in the operation. As per norms, non-involvement certificate enables the authorities to provide compensation. A top official from the district administration told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that they have reached out to affected families and provided financial assistance, ration kits, basic requirements including bedding and other things for immediate help. The officials further stated that Public Works Department (PWD) and Revenue department teams have been deputed for assessment to compensate the affected families. Deputy Commissioner (DC) Srinagar, Shahid Choudhary informed KNO that all steps will be taken to provide assistance to affected families. They said that the families who got affected in vicinity will be helped. It is pertinent to mention that police statement about collateral damage to houses is an indication of non-involvement of many families and they are likely to be assisted by administration.  “The district administration has to obtain non involvement certificate for helping such families,” they said, adding that Police have already stated about collateral damage. “Hence, the families not involved are being helped by district administration,” the top official in the district administration said. Earlier on Tuesday morning, an encounter broke out between forces and militants in Kanemazar area of Nawa Kadal in which a top Hizb militant and his aide were killed. The operation as per the locals left 15 houses damaged –(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES ago

MBBS/BDS intern stipend enhancement under review: Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Over 1,100 crore paid in 3 years for marriage assistance, ladli beti schemes: Govt tells House

TOP STORIES ago

Over 1,100 crore paid in 3 years for marriage assistance, ladli beti schemes: Govt tells House

TOP STORIES ago

Rs 1,684 Cr Paid for Ring Road Land in J&K, Govt informs House | KNO

TOP STORIES1 hours ago

NHM staff in J&K on contract, paid as per Govt norms: Minister informs House | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

PM Modi, HM Shah saved lives of J&K youth, Omar‑led govt taking away their jobs: Sunil Sharma | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Will fill 30000 vacancies this year: CM Omar Abdullah | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Govt making necessary arrangements to hold ULB elections in J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

J&K records 56% rain deficit, temperature rises | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

“Verification process a sword hanging over the necks of our youth”: Sajad Lone | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Jehangir Chowk To Neelam Cinema Road Widening Project | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Necessary steps being taken to promote horticulture development in Gurez: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

11 universities functional in J&K: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Ganderbal Police detain 11 unregistered photographers in Sonmarg | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

High Court flags lapses in women’s safety on public transport, seeks Govt response | KNO

TOP STORIES16 hours ago

J&K will be terrorism free soon, PM Modi led Govt committed to return of KPs: LG Sinha | KNO

Copyright © 2021