Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Once a hotspot, Bandipora has now only eight active cases | KNO

Published

on

kno news

Bandipora, 25 May(KNO): Once the Covid-19 hotspot of Union Territory, north Kashmir’s Bandipora district has now only eight active cases while as 132 cases have recovered fully and are doing fine. As per officials, the active eight cases are likely to be discharged in next few days. However, health officials in the district have not lowered the guard yet. Officials told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that a majority of patients admitted to level second Covid-19 care facility at Pazalpora, a specially designated facility to treat COVID-19, recovered and were discharged during the this month. Earlier, 120 patients had recovered before May 15 after which the state was briefly categorized as a green zone. "Since the first case was found on March 24, the district has reported 139 positive cases so far of which 132 patients have recovered which means that almost 99 per cent of the infected persons have made a complete recovery. Only eight cases are active now in the district,” said an official. Earlier, the continuous increase in positive cases forced the authorities to impose tough restrictions on public movement, transport, assembly of people and as well as other measures in the district however, people are getting relief since the district was designated as orange zone. "We put our systems in place, took all precautions, creating a tremendous amount of awareness among the people about the Covid and most importantly, putting our labs in place all protocols we needed to do, we started doing at that point in time. When we were at first case, we started making the right type of noises, putting the right type of training among our staff," a senior health official told KNO He said: “we were also the first district in UT to put random testing protocols in place to check people, even the normal suspected patients." “I thank all doctors and other medical staff across the district for continuously putting efforts for the recovery of the remaining eight patients. This also doesn’t mean anything is relaxed. The lockdown still continues,” another official said. "Strict adherence to isolation, quarantine and aggressive testing could all contribute to a state recovering well. People were still following every advisory of the authorities and health department. We have made also wearing of face mask mandatory in all public places," he said. "We have not suffered any major casualty except a patient of Gund-Jahangeer area. This is very good news for us. All this work was done by our management. We want to congratulate them.” At least 60 per cent percent of patients were from Gund-Jahangeer, where a patient also died. “Our focus was on Gund-Jahangeer and in the end, we won the war against Covid-19 as we have only two patients in the whole Hajin medical block,” a doctor said. Meanwhile, total number of cases in the district now stands at 139 of which 08 are active while 131 patients people have been discharged so far—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

What happened to 200 free units, Opp slams govt over 6.83% power tariff hike | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

JERC introduces ToD tariff in J&K; agriculture exempted | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

LG Sinha calls on PM Modi in New Delhi | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Rain brings brief relief in J&K, MeT predicts more showers | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

IIM Jammu needs to convert its growth into new discoveries: LG Sinha | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Issue show-cause notice if I violated ideology: MP Ruhullah challenges NC leadership | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Final leg of Amarnath Yatra begins, Chhari Mubarak leaves Srinagar | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Modern apple grading, packing technology brings better returns for Kashmir growers | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Prang youth steps forward, retrieves body from Nallah Sindh | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Paras Health to hold free multi-speciality health camp in Srinagar tomorrow | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

GMC employees suspend protest after Health Minister's assurance on recruitment rules | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

EOW Kashmir chargesheets habitual offender in fake job fraud case | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

MPs, MLAs, industrial representatives call on CM Omar Abdullah at Raabita | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Power tariff hike shock for those promised 200 units free: Sajad Lone | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

J&K power tariff hiked by 6.83% from September 01 | KNO

TOP STORIES1 days ago

J&K youth creating jobs rather than waiting for them: LG Sinha | KNO

Copyright © 2021