Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Stuck in Dubai, 800 JK residents without essentials, money, demand evacuation | KNO

Aware of it, all stranded will be brought back, we are at it, says Advisor Baseer Khan

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, May 27 (KNO): At least 800 people from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir who are stranded in parts of Dubai have demanded an immediate evacuation stating that they have run out of money and resources. People mostly traders who are stranded in Dubai told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), that all the resources available with them have exhausted and they are on verge of starvation due to the prolonged lock-down enforced in view of the Covid-19 pandemic and they have no money to travel back. They said that no work over the past weeks has compelled them to stay indoors and they are without essential commodities. They said that among the 800 stranded people over 80 per cent are employees and traders who haven’t earned a single penny during the lockdown and are indoors since then. “People employed here are without salary since the month of April due to no work as the lockdown was enforced across the whole country in view of the COVID pandemic and people are running out of essentials,” they said. At least 800 people have registered with Indian embassy but on May 22 only 150 people were evacuated by flight under Vandhe Bharat mission while at least 165 stranded people that day were made to leave back from the airport and were not allowed to board the flight, they said. Tahir Bhat, one of the stranded Kashmiri said that over the weeks only one flight has operated and evacuated 150 people but since then not a single flight has arrived to fly them back leaving them to suffer under immense challenging conditions. He said that no help from any quarter has reached them and they are undergoing really tough times and if the same situation continues for some more days they will die of starvation. They appealed the government of India and government of Jammu and Kashmir to facilitate their return home. Meanwhile advisor to Lt Governor, Baseer Ahmad Khan told KNO that they are working on it and process is underway. “All those stranded there will be brought back. It may take some time but everyone will be brought back, we are working on it,” he said—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

US ambassador hints at downgrading travel warning for J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

23RD FOUNDATION DAY CELEBRATIONS OF SHRI MATA VAISHNO DEVI UNIVERSITY | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

US-J&K engagement to widen: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Centre–Ladakh Talks: LG must act on aid and advice of Assembly: Ladakh groups to Centre | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

CM Omar takes early-morning tour of Srinagar’s all 8 Assembly constituencies | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Flash floods hit J&K parts after intense rainfall | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

JERC equalizes power tariff, grants industrial rates to Ladakh’s hospitality sector | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Ladakh becomes first UT to approve 4% reservation for outstanding sports persons | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Royal Premier League returns to Pulwama amid sporting enthusiasm | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Strike to continue until rules finalised, say protesting GMC employees | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Man killed, pillion rider injured after motorcycle collide with vehicle in Hajin | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

ACB books officials, beneficiaries over illegal construction in Srinagar’s Rajbagh | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

2-Day national conference on gender equality concludes at GCW M.A. Road | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

LCMA directs intensified cleaning of Dal Lake ahead of film festival | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Chief Secretary reviews UNDP strategy for SDG-linked budgeting in J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES21 hours ago

Div Com Kashmir reviews preparations for Eid Milad-un-Nabi, Friday Following | KNO

TOP STORIES1 days ago

J&K Travel Advisory to Be Reassessed: US Envoy Sergio Gor | KNO

Copyright © 2021