Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Two militants killed in Tral encounter | KNO

Militants were offered surrender, they refused, says defence spokesman, It was a Clean operation, no collateral damage took place: IGP Kashmir Vijay Kumar, 80 militants killed this year so far

Published

on

kno news

Pulwama, June 02 (KNO): Two militants were killed in a fierce encounter at Saimoh, Tral in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Tuesday. A police officer told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), two militants were killed in an encounter that broke out early in the morning at Saimoh village that was cordoned by the joint teams of police, army and the CRPF in the wee hours. “In the first assault, one militant was killed and within an hour, second militant was also killed,” the officer said. Defence Spokesman in Srinagar Colonel Rajesh Kalia said that the militants were offered to surrender but they refused. He also confirmed the killing of two militants in the gunbattle. Talking exclusively to KNO, Inspector General of Police (IGP) Kashmir zone, Vijay Kumar said that two militants were killed in clean operation at Saimoh, Tral. “There was no collateral damage," he said. A police spokesman in a statement said that acting on a specific input, joint teams of security forces laid a siege at Saimoh, Tral. “During the search operation, the hiding militants fired on the joint search party. The fire was retaliated leading to an encounter,” he said. “In the ensuing encounter, two militants were killed and their bodies have been retrieved from the site of encounter. The identification and affiliations of the killed terrorists is being ascertained.” He said that besides some incriminating material arms and ammunition were also recovered from the site of gunfight that include two AK rifle, 02 Pistols, five AK magazines, two pistol magazines, 80 rounds of AK, 10 rounds of pistol and two hand grenades. “Due to efforts of the Police and security forces, it was a clean operation and no collateral damage took place during the encounter,” the spokesman said. “People are requested to cooperate with police till the area is completely sanitized and cleared of all the explosive materials, if any.” Official data reveals that this year so far, 80 militants have been killed including Hizbul Mujahideen’s Chief Operational Command Reyaz Naikoo and Hizb’s divisional commander Junaid Sehrai, in various encounters across the Valley—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES ago

2025 floods: 152 lives lost, over 12,200 houses damaged, ₹289 cr released under SDRF, says govt | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Kashmir Valley sees consistent tourist inflow over three years | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Jammu Division sees steady rise in tourist footfall over past three years | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Rs 2106 crore awarded as compensation for J&K ring roads: Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Rs 36.61 crore plan to expand J&K Houses across India: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

J&K Govt says over ₹487 crore spent on flood management in Kashmir since 2014 | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Over 13,900 ASHA workers engaged across J&K: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Over ₹822 lakh water supply projects underway in Kangan to improve drinking water in Ganderbal: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

No proposal for model district hospital in Reasi: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

2003 Poonch Attack | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Special Budgam-Katra train service to continue till July-2 | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Mehbooba seeks financial security for J&K farmers | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Govt suspends CEO Bandipora for cancelling ‘illegal’ teacher deputations | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Chadoora main bridge declared unsafe after flash floods: Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Over 35,000 youth trained under Himayat scheme in J&K: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Tourism booms in J&K with over 1.62 crore visitors in 2025, Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

Over 32,000 drug abuse cases in J&K: Govt informs House | KNO

Copyright © 2021