Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

Desperate to go home, 5 children among 14 recovered patients await swab results at a Sgr quarantine Centre | KNO

‘We are fed up here, our results have come negative already; have given swabs for second round of tests on July 5, results being delayed without reason’

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, July 10 (KNO): At least 14 patients who completed their quarantine and tested negative expressed their deep anguish over the delay by the authorities in announcing their second swab test results for the past five days. The patients, who were earlier tested positive and negative after completing quarantine period, said they are feeling suffocated at the quarantine centre and want to join their families back as they were already tested negative for the virus. Talking to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), the recovered patients at a quarantine centre set up at Hazratbal area of Srinagar claimed inaction from authorities and said that the swabs of 14 people were collected five days back for second round of tests but so far the results are awaited and there is no word from the officials so far. One of the patients who had tested positive on June 25 said: “I gave away my swabs for COVID test on June 30 and that turned negative for the deadly virus following which a second round of samples were collected on July 5 and the results of which are still awaited. The long wait is haunting us. We want to go home and join our families, who are worried about us.” He said the atmosphere and conditions at the centre are suffocative. “The situation is very scary. We are not allowed to go home to take proper care of ourselves and the height is even after giving the swab for a second time, there is a long delay in results. The authorities have left us craving for the want of results.” Another patient who has recovered also, shared the same ordeal and said that they even fear to stay at the Centre. “The authorities aren’t allowing us to go home well before it casts a shadow on us,” he said. The aggrieved recovered patients said that they are at least 14 in number, who have tested negative of which five are children, two female and six adults. “We should be allowed to go home immediately and our swab test results should be declared without any further delay,” they told KNO—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES12 hours ago

First leg of budget session concludes

TOP STORIES12 hours ago

Govt says no World Bank-assisted funds allocated for tourism development

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Vice-Prez Radhakrishnan to attend 21st KU convocation on Feb 26 | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Under PM Modi’s leadership, India scripting tale of economic progress: LG Sinha | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Special Intensive Revision of electoral roll in J&K expected to start in April: ECI | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

30,000 vacancies to be filled this year: CM Omar | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Kashmir’s first Ramadan Friday draws massive congregations in mosques, shrines | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

IMD plans doppler radars, weather stations for J&K: CM Omar in Assembly | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

CM says DC Kishtwar issued order on request of religious leaders | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Thousands gather at Jamia Masjid for Ramadan’s first Friday | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

22 IAS, JKAS Officers Transferred in Major Reshuffle | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Several Kashmir parts record highest February temperatures | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

2025 floods: 152 lives lost, over 12,200 houses damaged, ₹289 cr released under SDRF, says govt | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Kashmir Valley sees consistent tourist inflow over three years | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Jammu Division sees steady rise in tourist footfall over past three years | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Rs 2106 crore awarded as compensation for J&K ring roads: Govt tells House | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

Rs 36.61 crore plan to expand J&K Houses across India: Govt | KNO

Copyright © 2021