Connect with us


Kupwara teenager who returned from Pak allowed to go home after questioning | KNO

Family hails police, army for uniting son with parents after six months



kno news

Kupwara, July 31 (KNO): The Jammu and Kashmir police on Friday questioned the teenager boy from Sudpora, Kupwara in north Kashmir, who returned after six months after serving detention in Pakistan, and later allowed him to unite with his family. The 15-year-old boy had crossed LoC in January this year and had been in detention for six months since then in Pakistan. He was yesterday set free and received by police and army officials at Teethwal point on LoC. The family members of the boy while expressing their gratitude towards the police, army and civil administration, said that they had lost all hopes about their son as they searched him everywhere since January this year. Talking to the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), a top police official said that the boy was called to the local police station for mandatory questioning which is part of the procedure and all the angels will be thoroughly investigated including his detention in Pakistan. He said that the boy is a juvenile and won’t be detained but all the angles especially his detention period in Pakistan require a thorough investigation which is part of the set norms. “We will investigate whether he had intentionally crossed the LoC and then investigate his detention period in Pakistan,” the official told KNO Meanwhile, the family members of teenagers have applauded the role of Jammu and Kashmir administration, police and army especially the local police who in an amicable manner handed over the boy to his family members. “There is nothing more precious and lovable than a son for me. I was literally reborn on seeing my son after six months. We honestly had no clue about his whereabouts. His return is like a new dawn for me,” Zareefa Begum, mother of the teenage body, told KNO Tanveer Ahmad, elder brother of the boy, said that on arrival from Pakistan his brother was directly allowed to go home and spend the night with family members. “We appreciate the role of all those officials who helped us in bringing him back,” he said. “Over the past six months, we had totally no clue about his whereabouts but honestly this reunion is no less than a dream”—(KNO)


Copyright © 2020