Connect with us

JAMMU & KASHMIR

This year so far, no street protests in Kashmir, only 14 law and order incidents recorded, reveal figures | KNO

Majority of such protests took place in Southern districts of Valley, youth understood futility of street protests, say officials

Published

on

kno news

Srinagar, Aug 04 (KNO): It has been a year since Government of India scrapped the article 370 and cut the erstwhile state into two Union Territories—Ladakh and J&K, for security agencies and the BJP unit of J&K, there is a reason to cheer as figures suggest that zero street protests were reported while only 14 incidents of law and order took place in the first half of the ensuing year. Official data reveals that no major law and order situation was witnessed in Kashmir since January 1 this year barring a few incidents that were small in nature. “Two protests erupted in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district when top Hizbul Mujahideen commander Reyaz Naikoo was killed. The law and order incidents were less violent in nature compared to previous years and no civilian killing took place in the protests,” an official privy to the data, told news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO). They said that youth of Kashmir have understood the futility of the street protests and have decided to not to indulge such things. “Only 14 incidents of law and order took place and that too in southern parts of Kashmir. The number is too less if compared to previous years. This signifies a big change,” a security official said. Top security officials in Kashmir also believe that this year post abrogation of article 370 has witnessed a sea change. Meanwhile, BJP’s J&K unit states that it was because of the J&K’s integration in the union of India that the street protests have died down completely. “You can call it the direct dividend of article 370 roll back. See, today there are no protests at the encounter sites. Stone pelting incidents have vanished completely and youth are cracking IAS and other competitive exams,” said BJP J&K General Secretary Ashok Koul. He, however, said that the development couldn’t take place the way it should have and the reason is COVID-19 pandemic—(KNO)

Trending

TOP STORIES ago

Over 1,100 crore paid in 3 years for marriage assistance, ladli beti schemes: Govt tells House

TOP STORIES ago

Over 1,100 crore paid in 3 years for marriage assistance, ladli beti schemes: Govt tells House

TOP STORIES ago

Rs 1,684 Cr Paid for Ring Road Land in J&K, Govt informs House | KNO

TOP STORIES ago

NHM staff in J&K on contract, paid as per Govt norms: Minister informs House | KNO

TOP STORIES13 hours ago

PM Modi, HM Shah saved lives of J&K youth, Omar‑led govt taking away their jobs: Sunil Sharma | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

Will fill 30000 vacancies this year: CM Omar Abdullah | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

Govt making necessary arrangements to hold ULB elections in J&K | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

J&K records 56% rain deficit, temperature rises | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

“Verification process a sword hanging over the necks of our youth”: Sajad Lone | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in Rajouri | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

Jehangir Chowk To Neelam Cinema Road Widening Project | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

Necessary steps being taken to promote horticulture development in Gurez: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES14 hours ago

11 universities functional in J&K: Govt | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

Ganderbal Police detain 11 unregistered photographers in Sonmarg | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

High Court flags lapses in women’s safety on public transport, seeks Govt response | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

J&K will be terrorism free soon, PM Modi led Govt committed to return of KPs: LG Sinha | KNO

TOP STORIES15 hours ago

From Delhi to Haryana: J&K struggles to reclaim vast land holdings | KNO

Copyright © 2021